Welcome

Are you a native speaker of any major Philippine language? You can help us by translating English words in different lingua francae of the country. Mabuhay!

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

kind

IBANAG:
ILOKANO: naemmá
PANGASINAN: maong
KAPAMPANGAN: maganaka

TAGALOG: mahabagín, mabait
BIKOL
-CENTRAL: maboót
-ALBAYANON:
BISAYAN
-WARAY:
-CEBUANO: matang
-MASBATENYO:
-HILIGAYNON: buot
-KINARAY-A: buot
-SURIGAONON:
-TAUSUG:

MARANAO:
MAGUINDANAO:

ZAMBOAGUEÑO:

Leave a comment for your questions, reactions and suggestions.

3 comments:

eLf ideas said...

Hi,
Thanks for visiting my blogsite and for inviting me to contribute to your site.

Oo ba. Susubukan kong isalin sa Filipino ang ilang salita na wala pang katumbas.

By the way, I think some English words have their nearer Filipino translation.

For instance, 'kind' is better translated into "mabait." "Mahabagín" is better translated as 'compassionate' or 'sympathetic.' But, of course, if we are to consider synonyms, all of these words may be interchangeable, depending on the way each is used in the sentence.

But, yeah, I support your mission here with your blog.

Actually, I just became busy with work, the reason I could no longer carry on with my own blogspot for quite a while already. But I still maintain my columns in a Filipino newspaper based here in Manitoba, Canada, where I am.

More power!

aLfie

Filipinayzd said...

Salamat. Ang napakabait mo naman.

carel kaye gulmatico said...

Ok pero medy nakakalito pp eih..